Sleep has been a quite the commodity for me since last December…when my baby girl was born! For the past nine months I have let many things go in my life to make time for sleep whenever I can get it. Nonetheless, there are times when I will forgo an early bedtime and force my eye lids open so I can watch tv and feel somewhat normal (sometimes). And at least I’ll have something to say when I occasionally get together with friends other than recounting baby girl’s nap times, feeding times, amount of solids consumed, whether or not she’s constipated etc.
Here’s my top 5 shows that I’ll force myself awake to watch. (Yes, I realize that some of these start at 9 pm and only last an hour…but any nursing mommy with a baby that wakes multiple times during the night will tell you that 9 pm feels like 1 am to normal people.)
1. Game of Thrones – violence, betrayal, sex, power, scheming…the perfect way to escape the daily routine.
2. Ray Donovan – a man who fixes everything yet his family is in shambles. Does the law not exist for Ray Donovan? Nope. And it’s so fun to watch.
3. Outlander – I love that these books were finally brought to the screen! I will be reviewing the show soon and I will add another review of the series since I recently finished Drums of Autumn. It’s a must watch if you’re a fan of the books.
4. The Voice – I’ve written about why I love this show in the past. I fall for the banter of the judges as they fight each other for the members of their team. I am enamored of the rivalry between Adam and Blake – oh those two! Mostly, I love the positive vibe of the show.
5. Modern Family – funny, funny, funny! Oh, and the Colombian characters and references to the country and culture really help too.
A little laughter, a little drama, a little reality – it all keeps me entertained when I am drained from mommyhood. Do you watch any of these? What are your thoughts? What are your television guilty pleasures?
Have a great weekend!