This week’s Friday Five is inspired by The Daily Post Daily Prompt “If I Had a Hammer”. We have been going through an extensive renovation of our basement and the more I see done, the more I wish I could get down there and do some of the work myself. In my fantasy world I would be able to…
- Tile, tile, tile…I would lay out the most beautiful patterns and cut each tile with precision until my beautiful new bathroom and glass shower was worthy of its own magazine cover.
- Carpentry – because you can do anything when you have this skill, especially build a gorgeous staircase that takes you to the level where a magazine worthy bathroom awaits.
- Carpentry – yes, it’s on the list twice, but I can add building cabinets for a wet bar
- Landscaping – (not in my basement) It is spring and that means starting to tend to the garden. I am pretty illiterate when it comes to plants, flowers, shrubs etc. I have no idea where to plant what or how to orchestrate a lovely garden that blooms at just the right time. I find the whole thing rather intimidating. I buy what I think is pretty at the nursery, follow the planting instructions on the little insert and cross my fingers.
- Plumbing – for purely practical purposes I would like to know how to fix a leaky faucet, a running toilet and all the other annoying plumbing issues that can occur in a house…oh and I could finish off my spectacular new bathroom!
Any special trade/skills you wish you had?