I have had a very stressful month and recently reminded myself that it is by feeling gratitude that I will find my way back to peace, balance and contentedness.
Gratitude is defined as “the state of being grateful; thankfulness” – it is not an easy state to be in in a society that is bent on criticism, self-loathing and medicating itself to have some kind of feeling. But, it is possible.
Some great quotes about Gratitude:
(courtesy: pinkchocolatebreak.com, inspirationboost.com, pinkchocolatebreak.com, todaysmama.com, revelinitmag.com, quotes.wishbowl.org)
I am using these quotes as inspiration to think about the things that I am thankful for. Here is my completely random list of 5 small things, off the top of my head, in no particular order, and I’m sure it will change day-to-day. However, today, these are the small things I am thankful for:
- The time to read a really, really great book. My time is so precious – I feel like each day it is accounted for in so many ways that do not involve time for me. This is why I blog at night, when my head is bobbing with sleepiness. When I have 15, 20, 30 minutes to spend with a (great) book I am so grateful!
- My mother’s daily “check-in” – I speak to or text with my mom every day and I am so grateful for a mother that nurtures, loves and is my friend.
- Aveda’s “Be Curly” line of products – finally, a line of hair products made for my hair! Frizz is tamed. Curls are defined without being crunchy. I’ve got that great SJP in Sex & the City hair that I love!
- Seriously can I write a post like this and not include the sound of my son’s laughter or his gorgeous poofy eyes and rosy cheeks and bed-head hair when he stumbles into our room every morning for a cuddle before getting up?
- I am grateful for the vintage bottle of wine brought over by a dear friend. It lies there waiting for when I can savour it with my husband when we are deliriously happy and sleep deprived because of a new baby.
What small things are you grateful for? Comment below or at Bulging Buttons or on your own blog and link back!