I know it’s NOT Tuesday! It’s Saturday! A busy day has left me too exhausted to think or research/prepare a post for NaBloPoMo.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I hadn’t participated in a long time and wanted to again. So, I wrote this post 2 weeks in advance – and then forgot to post it! Since today was super busy, and I had little time to really blog I dug into my drafts and found this one. I like it, so I’ll post it.
The Broke and the Bookish requested a list about character names I love or unusual character names for Tuesday Oct 15 I believe it was…in any case, here is my list:
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter – for the longest time I mispronounced her name…unique and unforgettable
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games – great way to get a short form of Kat without the traditional Catherine…quick, clever, fiercely independent
- Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind – a name as sweeping and romantic as the book
- Lavender Brown from Harry Potter– a minor character but the name is just too cute and an interesting take on names taken from nature
- Blanche Dubois from A Streetcar Named Desire – is there a better example of symbolism through character name?
- Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird – self explanatory.
- Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – an unassuming name for a very dangerous girl.
- Portia from The Merchant of Venice – although I’m not a huge fan of this Shakespearean play, she is a great character and her name is just as strong
- Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice – classic.
- Katsa & Po from Graceling– too cute and love how deadly they are.
What’s your favourite character name? Answer below or on your own blog and add it to the meme at The Broke and The Bookish.