Week 1 of NaBloPoMo done…today’s prompt is to reflect upon what we’ve learned from blogging everyday. So, what have I learned?
- It’s not as hard as it sounds: once forced to blog every day because it is a challenge, because you’ve made a commitment, the words seem to flow out of your fingertips and onto the keyboard with less trepidation. The more I write, the easier it becomes.
- There is writing material everywhere: while NaBloPoMo provides writing prompts for those days when I’m stumped (such as today), being challenged to write every day also forces me to pay more attention to the way life unfolds around me. Inspiration is found in small moments, in interesting articles or blog posts, or an idea that’s been nagging at me can finally come to fruition. Basically, there’s never a shortage of material.
- Meeting other bloggers: part of NaBloPoMo includes supporting other bloggers in their daily writing journey. This challenge is about more than just writing, it’s also about being exposed to other blogs and feeling a part of the blogging community – which is enormous!
- Finding time to read is easier than I thought: daily blogging has also forced me to make more time for reading in order to keep up on the bookish topics on my blog. I’ll be doing my first author interview soon and reviewing a book or two from my fall tbr list.
- Appreciation and Gratitude: while I am always grateful for every single person who chooses to follow my blog, who comments and hits that “like” button – it is especially gratifying when other bloggers visit and choose to comment on Book Marks. Out of the plethora of choices in the NaBloPoMo blogroll…they’ve chosen my little blog! It’s awesome!
I’m sure the learning will continue throughout the month. All in all, it has been a very positive experience. Have you accepted any challenges recently from which you have learned about yourself?