(a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
This week we have been given free reign in our choice of topic. I haven’t done a Top Ten list in a while (nor blogged in a while – sorry!), and as I perused the list of topics, I knew this one had to be this week’s Top Ten for me.
1. I must finish every book I read. (disclaimer: I still feel guilty about not finishing Fruit, but pretty damned satisfied that I didn’t waste any more time on Fifty Shades of Grey)
2. I must have a bookmark. It is imperative that the pages of my books not be folded or tampered with in any way.
3. I must have a pen. Weird, huh? I can’t fold the pages of my books, but I can underline and note-take to my heart’s content. It is a habit I formed when I became an English teacher – and, now, I can’t break it.
4. I need a cup of tea. Because reading makes me thirsty and I want to feel cozy and indulge.
5. I need a blanket. Again with the cozy.
6. I must be curled up. Is there any other way to read than with feet tucked in?
7. When finished reading I close the book and inspect its cover – perhaps even brushing my hand over it to make sure its clean.
8. Re-read parts I love. Over and over. Which might help to explain why I take so long reading books.
9. Select books based on their cover or title. Although, since I started blogging I’ll select books recommended on favourite blogs.
10. Walking through the book store just to be around books.
Do you have OCD habits around books or other hobbies?
Share yours with me in the comments below or at The Broke and the Bookish through the above link.