(a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
This week we have been asked to list the top ten books we’ve read during the lifespan of our blogs. My blog will be 1 soon! Here are the top ten books I’ve read this past year:
1. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson – great story. great characters. powerful storytelling. a beautiful read.
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – SO much fun! A girl who kicks ass and has two cute boys vying for her attention? What’s not to love?
3. The Awakening by Kate Chopin – oh what women have gone through…
4. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan – an absolute fun, fun time!
5. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson – cool. intriguing story.
6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – I didn’t write a review or my thoughts on this one…but it is a long-time favourite that I love to re-read every so often
7. The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp PhD. – because I’ve become the toddler-ese Queen (toddler-ese is toddler language)! Yes, this language still works with a very upset pre-schooler. This book helped me to communicate with my son – it is remarkable to see his eyes light up when he feels understood and validated.
8. Splat the Cat books by Rob Scotton – have you read Splat the Cat? Your toddler/preschooler will love Splat. He is funny and whimsical. The stories are highly creative (yet, simple) and the art is brilliant. Please read Splat the Cat to a child near you.
Share yours with me in the comments below or at The Broke and the Bookish through the above link.