(a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
This week I’ve been challenged to think of characters that I’d switch places with for 24 hours:
1. Marianne Engel from The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson – she is the epitome of feminine confidence. Beautiful, exotic and can remember her past lives. In love with the same man for 700 years! She is a also a master storyteller – yes, she is schizophrenic, but who cares? The rest of her is uber cool. For 24 hours…when she’s sculpting like crazy.
2. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – me and half the female population on earth. For my 24 hours I choose to go traipsing around the English countryside where Elizabeth manages to snatch up the guy with the biggest estate and income.
3. Elizabeth Gilbert from Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert – Can I spend 12 hours in Italy eating, then 12 hours in Indonesia swimming off the weight I’ve gained at a spectacular beach?
4. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – because she’s brilliant, she can do anything and I’d love to go to Hogwartz for a day.
5. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – I don’t know that I’d survive the hunger games as well as Katniss does, but I could go for all the pre-games primping.
6. Emma Woodhouse from Emma by Jane Austen – more problems of the upper class…love, matchmaking, gossip and rumour. I’d like to be the immature version of Emma for 24 hours – spoiled, the center of attention, every whim, satisfied.
7. Ria Lynch or Marilyn Vine from Tara Road by Maeve Binchy – I like the idea of switching homes & lives with someone for the summer and in the process, learn more about your own happiness.
8. Lisbeth Salander from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – just because I’d love to hack into computer systems all over the world for 24 hours.
9. Tina Fey from Bossypants by Tina Fey – because I’d love to be as funny as she is for 24 hours.
Can’t think of a tenth….lots of movie characters I’d love to be…Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman for instance, but can’t think of another character from a book…
Who would you switch places with for 24 hours?