(a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish)
This week’s top ten list is all about summer reading. I recently published my summer TBR list, since then I have come across some tantalizing titles that I would love to delve into once my short summer list is done. First you’ll see a recap of my Summer Reads (#1-5), followed by my “if-I-have-time-wanna-reads” (#6-10).
1. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Wild Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
3. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
4. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
5. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (kinda regretting this choice…we’ll see how it goes!)
6. Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda – because every time I pick it up I really want to read it, but there’s other things that keep me from it. Hope to read it by the end of the year in any case…
7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore – found this recommended by other sights and on Goodreads. Love novels about girls that kick ass.
8. Something by Phillipa Gregory – girls kicking ass Tudor-style. Or at least I’d like to think so…She has published so many books, I’m having trouble narrowing it down to one. I’ve read one historical fiction novel (The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane) and rather enjoyed it. Several readers recommended historical fiction as a genre. I might take them up on it.
9. The Night Circus by Erin Morgentsern – like Secret Daughter, this is one I pick up and put back down again – at first I felt ambivalent…but after reading a few great reviews I think it is a must read for me.
10. As much as I’d love for there to be a #10, this spot is reserved for work-related reading I’ll have…Alice Walker, Carol Ann Duffy, Kate Chopin, Oscar Wilde…plus figure out how to teach them. Fun times ahead.
So, what’s on your Summer TBR list?