As usual, I’m late. The Armchair Bea is the conference for book bloggers from the comfort of their own chair. As part of the kick off on Monday, there was an introduction. I will complete the introduction and try to catch up with the other posts as I’d like to participate…it’s just taken me a while to sift through it.
1. Please tell us a bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Karen Mesa and I am an English teacher. I live in Ontario, Canada and love to read and write. Writing has been a hobby that I hope to pursue and turn into a second career…(with a little luck). I’ve been blogging since last August, but didn’t really do it seriously until early 2012. Blogging was a way to get more serious about my writing, really. And, now it’s just fun. I love reading other people’s blogs and it’s flattering and a little humbling when others read and follow my blog.
2. One non-book related thing that those reading my blog may not know about me is I’m great at dancing Salsa, I love that I can wear my hair curly or straight, I have held on to the friends I had whenI was fourteen…I guess that’s more than one…
3. What is my favourite post so far? Admittedly, I have a few that I’m fond of. The one that showed me I can really do this is when I compared teenagers to toddlers…that was fun.
4. If I could have dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? Kate Chopin. I’m fascinated by how well she captured the feelings of women in an era when women’s feelings didn’t matter.
5. Where do you see your blog in five years? I’d like to see it evolve so that involves subjects other than books…or, maybe I’ll just start another blog.
Thanks for reading…I’m looking forward to participating in as many of the events as I can.