Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s top ten list is a rewind – we have a choice of selecting from a top ten list. For my first Top Ten Tuesday I will list books I feel everyone has read but me.
- Secret Daughter – definitely on my “to-read” list…I hope to read it by the end of the year.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – the trailer for the movie totally turned me off
- The Night Circus – I will read this book. It sounds incredible…maybe I should have put it on my summer reading list…I’ll read it if I finish the others with time to spare…
- The Secret Life of Bees – really wanted to, but then I didn’t and now it feels like it’s too late…the ship has sailed
- Any of the Shopaholic books – just can’t bring myself to open one
- 1Q84 – admittedly I find the whole thing rather intimidating and will put it at the bottom of my list just so I can say it’s on my list
- Anything by Philippa Gregory – my only venture into historical fiction was The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane and I rather enjoyed that. Since then I have put Gregory on my list, I’m having trouble choosing which novel. Again, maybe once I’m done my summer reading, I’ll jump into a Gregory work.
- The Game of Thrones Series – can’t say that my friends are big fans of fantasy novels, but my students most definitely love the adventures and conniving in a different world. I have started watching the series, and if it resembles the books in any way, I am beginning to see why adolescent boys would love these books so much.
- Anything by Nikki Gemmell – the past few days I’ve been having that “where have I been?” feeling because I keep coming across reviews and articles about Nikki Gemmell’s writing and books. I am intrigued and will hopefully become part of the Gemmell reader club soon.
- 5o Shades of Grey – I haven’t read it yet. It is on my summer reading list, and the more I talk to people that have read it, the more I regret slapping it on there. Oh well…you’ll hear all about it this summer!
Is there a book you wanted to read along with everyone else and didn’t get the chance to?