We will continue our reading of One Day by David Nicholls this week with Chapters 5-7. Here are a few things that you might want to take note of as you read. I will include these in my post next Thursday Oct. 20. Hope the reading is going well!
Please drop me a line in case amount of reading needs to be adjusted.
- Why does Emma seem to fight things so much – her desire for Dexter, her own femininity?
- Reactions to Emma and Dexter’s “Rules of Engagement” and flirting throughout their trip
- Reactions to Dexter’s proposition to Emma and her response
- Chapter 6 “Chemical”: Dexter’s drug/alcohol abuse, how he deals with the illness of his mother, relationship with himself and his father?
- So, do you like Ian Whitehead? Why would Emma go on a date with him?
- Dexter’s desperate need for Emma and subsequent call to Naomi